WESTMED Practice Partners, a healthcare management services company, is searching for a HIM Manager to be located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
WESTMED Practice Partners is a healthcare management services company that has evolved from the success of WESTMED Medical Group. In the late 1990’s, WESTMED rolled out the healthcare delivery model of the integrated multi-specialty practice, a community-based facility providing coordinated, efficient and quality care. Remarkable growth and patient satisfaction with our integrated multi-specialty practice have positioned us as the future of healthcare today.
We are located in Southend area of Charlotte near I-77 and I485 which allows for an easy commute from most points in the Charlotte area.
We are seeking a take charge, experienced HIM professional with exceptional leadership skills. This role will require a leader who can manage the day-today operations and remotely oversee a team in our New York office. The role is responsible for all aspects of Medical Records and Health Information Management. Participates in key communication efforts and builds strategic working relationships with HIM personnel, HIM Director, and organization personnel. Successful candidate partners with the Director to ensure that department meets regulatory requirements, specific goals, objectives, budgets and performance standards. HIM Manager guides HIM support staff to sustain an even flow of work production throughout the department.
All candidates must be RHIA or RHIT certified to be considered.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Manages the HIM team to produce effective results and ensures guidelines and regulations are maintained.
• Possesses an in-depth working knowledge and the skills required to properly perform HIM services.
• Develops skill set and competencies needed for HIM Department roles.
• Implements process improvement initiatives to consistently meet Department productivity goals.
• Monitors and directs the daily operations of the HIM Department assuring.
• Monitors quality and quantity of work for each area/role of the HIM Department.
• Ensures HIM Department is staffed in accordance with established guidelines, with quality and fiduciary expectations in mind.
• Supervises, monitors, and manages staff scheduling to ensure support during hours of operation for department. Assigns work activities and projects to staff as needed.
• Ensures patients are greeted in a professional manner in accordance with Customer Service standards as established by WESTMED.
• Oversees the storage, retrieval, archiving and destruction of medical records in accordance with WESTMED Policies and Procedures.
• Serves as a liaison between the HIM and IT Departments to maintain functionality of HIM equipment.
• Assists Director in developing Policies and Procedures for HIM functions.
At WESTMED, we recognize the value that our staff contributes to our purpose. You will be working alongside top-notch professionals in a positive work environment that rewards achievement. Other benefits offered are a competitive salary, annual bonus and merit increase, excellent health benefits, Paid Time Off, and advancement opportunities.